The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), New Delhi sanctioned a Central University of Andhra Pradesh (CUAP) in Jantaluru village, Anantapur District, Anantapuramu, vide Lr. F.No.19-18/2014 Desk U, dated 23.05.2018.
Initially, ‘Central University of Andhra Pradesh Society’ was registered with the Registrar of Societies, Andhra Pradesh, Anantapur under A.P. Societies Registration Act 2001, pending approval of an enactment in the Parliament.
The Transit campus of the Central University of Andhra Pradesh was inaugurated on 5th August 2018 and dedicated to the nation by the then Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar at the IT Business Incubation Centre, JNT University, Anantapur. Speaking on the occasion the minister said “We want this University to excel in teaching, research and innovation in the years to come with stress on churning out employable graduates.” The Government of Andhra Pradesh handed over land to the extent of 491.30 acres at Janthaluru village, Anantapur District, for establishment of Central University of Andhra Pradesh.
About 491.23 acres of land was allotted to CUAP by the State Government at Jantaluru village, B.K. Samudram (M), Anantapur District.
His Excellency the president of the Republic of India gave his assent on 23rd July 2019 for the act of the Parliament establishing a Central University for whole state of Andhra Pradesh under its territorial jurisdiction (The Gazette of India, New Delhi, Wednesday, July 24, 2019).
- The IT Business Incubation Centre, JNT University, Anantapur has been identified as Transit Campus to the new Central University to begin the academic and administrative activities for the academic year 2018-19. CUAP will be moved to its own building in Jantaluru village, Anantapur District upon completion of its own buildings.
- At present, six programmes at graduate and post graduate level are offered: for B.A. (Honours. – Political Science), B.Sc. (Honours – Economics), Bachelor of Vocational in Tourism and Travel Management and in Retail Management and IT, M.A. in Telugu, M.A. in English Language and Literature.
- The classes for the said courses are being conducted in the Transit Campus i.e., the IT Business Incubation Centre before moving to its own campus at Jantaluru village, Anantapur District.
- Thirty two (deputation/visiting/guest/re-employed) faculties for the said courses are recruited to teach the programs.
- Prof. S. A. KORI, who took charge as founder Vice Chancellor of Central University of Andhra Pradesh (CUAP), Ananthapuramu on 21 August 2020.