Walk in Interview for the post of Consultant(Physical Education) has been postponed to 15 May 2019 at 11 am
The Transit campus of the Central University of Andhra Pradesh was inaugurated on 5th August 2018 and dedicated to the nation by the Hon’ble Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar at the IT Business Incubation Centre, JNT University, Anantapur. “It is truly an honour to be here with you all and inaugurate the campus of the newly formed Central University of Andhra Pradesh (CUAP)”. We want this University to excel in teaching, research and innovation in the years to come under the mentorship of the University of Hyderabad, a well-established and renowned University, said Shri Javadekar while addressing the august gathering.
Shri Javedakar further said, “The Central University of Andhra Pradesh will be developed as an institution of Higher Learning with stress on churning out employable graduates. I congratulate the Government of Andhra Pradesh on this day and thank them for providing land for the newly formed Central University here. The Government of Andhra Pradesh has earmarked land to the extent of 491.30 acres at Janthaluru village, Anantapur District, for establishment of Central University of Andhra Pradesh”, he added.
“I am sure that the students of this University in course of time shall prove to be amongst the best in the country. In the final analysis, it is the pursuit of knowledge, scholarship, research and innovation that will make India a knowledge society and it is only a knowledge based society that will make India a Nation par excellence, All the new institutions that have started in Andhra Pradesh by the Centre will have full funding. Till now 3000 crore rupees have been sanctioned for these institutions. said the hon’ble minister while concluding his speech.
Prof Appa Rao Podile, Vice-Chancellor of UoH and Chairman of the Central University of Andhra Pradesh Society thanked the MHRD for giving the mentorship of CUAP to the UoH. He also appreciated the efforts of the State Government and officials in making this inauguration possible in time to start the academic session.
The inauguration function was attended by; Shri Ganta Srinivasa Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Human Resource Development, Government of Andhra Pradesh; Smt. Paritala Sunita, Hon’ble Minister for SERP, Women Empowerment, Child Welfare, Disabled and Senior Citizens Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh; Smt. Yamini Bala, Hon’ble Government Whip, A.P.L.A.; Shri Pula Nagaraju, Hon’ble Z.P. Chairperson; Smt. M. Swaroopa, Hon’ble Mayor, Shri V. Prabhakar Chowdary, Member of Legislative Assembly, Ananthapuramu; Shri G S Panda Das, Special Commissioner, Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Prof Srinivasa Kumar, JNTU Anantapur Vice Chancellor, Prof. Appa Rao Podile, Vice-Chancellor, University of Hyderabad & Chairman, Central University of Andhra Pradesh Society; Shri P. Sardar Singh, Registrar, University of Hyderabad & Secretary of Central University of Andhra Pradesh Society.
- The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), New Delhi has sanctioned a Central University of Andhra Pradesh (CUAP) in Jantaluru village, Anantapur District, Anantapuramu, vide Lr. F.No.19-18/2014 Desk U, dated 23.05.2018.
- About 491.23 acres of land was allotted to CUAP by the State Government at Jantaluru village, B.K. Samudram (M), Anantapur District, which was taken over by the Technical Education Department, Andhra Pradesh on 7.2.2018 with a proposed construction of compound wall for the new campus with subsequent reimbursement of cost by the MHRD.
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh Society’ has been registered with the Registrar of Societies, Andhra Pradesh, Anantapur under A.P. Societies Registration Act 2001, pending approval of an enactment in the Parliament.
- The University of Hyderabad (UoH) has been appointed as its Mentor University.
- A Special Officer in the cadre of Dy. Registrar from UoH was appointed to look after the activities of CUAP, under the overall supervision of Registrar, UoH.
- The IT Business Incubation Centre, JNT University, Anantapur has been identified as Transit Campus to the new Central University to begin the academic and administrative activities for the academic year 2018-19 for 3 years and the CUAP will be moved to its own building in Jantaluru village, Anantapur District upon completion of its own buildings.
- Admission for six courses at graduate and post graduate level is being offered for B.A. (Hons. – Political Science), B.Sc. (Hons., – Economics), Bachelor of Vocational in Tourism and Travel, Bachelor of Vocational in Retail Management & IT, M.A. in Telugu, M.A. in English Language & Literature.
- More than 120 seats filled for the said courses.
- The classes for the said courses will be conducted in the Transit Campus i.e., the IT Business Incubation Centre for 3 years before moving to its own campus at Jantaluru village, Anantapur District.
- Twelve Temporary (deputation/visiting/guest) faculty for the said courses are initially recruited to commence the classes in the first week of August, 2018.
- The Non-Teaching positions required with experience in the Central University system have been notified on its website and will be recruited on deputation basis in the month of August, 2018.
- The supporting and security staff were engaged on outsourcing basis temporarily.
- JNTU, Anantapur has extended cooperation and expressed willingness to allow CUAP students to use the infrastructural facilities like laboratory, library, medical facility and play-grounds.